- Contract negotiations with IT-suppliers of hardware, software and services
- FinTech (including mobile wallets, virtual currency), contracts (negotiation, review and drafting), outsourcing (hardware, software, services), dispute resolution, (court, mediation, arbitration), electronic money , payment services directive (PSD), payment services, payment providers, service level agreements, electronic invoicing, e-archiving (eIDAS), e-banking, e-business and internet, contact with regulators
- Privacy and data protection (GDPR)
- Intellectual property, cloud computing, license agreements, terms and conditions app
- Negotiation, mediation, arbitration, representation in court regarding disputes involving business and IT issues
- Distribution contracts (agency, exclusive distributorship, franchising, distribution via internet, eCommerce)
- Any type of commercial agreement, negotiation or dispute with an IT, IP, data protection or new technology twist
Academic activities and memberships
- Lecturer of practical course on negotiation and mediation (dispute resolution) at the University of Antwerp
- Member of CEPANI, iTech law, International Bar Association, VOKA, Etion, Leuven Inc., Beltug and other industry organisations.
- Sympathising member of the institute for company lawyers (IBJ-IJE)
- Attorney at the Brussels bar
- Mediator accredited by the Federal Mediation Commission
Prior professional experience
- Attorney TMT-IP (Technology, Media, Telecom – Intellectual Property) department of Monard-D’Hulst in Brussels.
- Former affiliated researcher and lecturer of a practical course about IT contracts at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT (now Centre for IT & IP law, CITIP) at the University of Leuven
- Head of legal (company lawyer) at Isabel NV/SA
- Junior associate at Monard-D’Hulst in Hasselt
- Law at the University of Namur 1989-1991 (French), University of Leuven (Dutch) and University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK, 1991-1994.
- European law at the Europa-Institut in Saarbrücken, Germany, 1994-1995.
- Company management at the Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussels (EHSAL), 2002-2003
- Several courses in negotiation and mediation (Vlerick, Brussels Business Mediation Center (now b-mediation), CEPANI), from 2005 onwards.