Bernd Fiten advises on privacy and data protection law (GDPR), e-commerce law, intellectual property law (copyright and trademarks) and general commercial law. He also assists clients with drafting and negotiating various types of IT contracts.
Bernd assists both controllers and processors in complying with their obligations under data protection legislation (GDPR, ePrivacy Regulation, NIS Directive, etc.), including:
- the setting up of the register of processing activities (RPA),
- reporting data breaches to supervisory authorities and data subjects,
- assessing transfers of personal data outside the EU, and
- drawing up privacy policies directed at both employees (e.g. social media policies) and consumers (e.g. privacy policies for websites and apps).
Bernd also works with companies and governments to assess and improve their compliance efforts, including through audits and privacy and data protection training.
Bernd has been a member of the Dutch-Speaking Bar Association of the Brussels Bar since 2016.
- Master in Intellectual Property and ICT Law, University of Leuven (2016)
- Law degree, University of Leuven (2015)