About Edwin Jacobs
Member of the Brussels bar and partner at time.lex, affiliated researcher at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT at the University of Leuven, and teaching assistant of negotiation and mediation at the University of Antwerp.
Officially accredited mediator and member of CEPANI, iTech law, International Bar Association, VOKA, VKW, Unizo, Leuven.Inc ...
Edwin read law at the university of Namur (French), Leuven (Dutch) and Norwich (UK), European law at the Europa-Institut in Saarbrücken (Germany), and company management at the Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussels.
He also has a broad experience as in-house company lawyer and is a sympathising member of the institute for company lawyers (IBJ-IJE). His varied experience and expertise make him a pragmatic sounding board for in-house lawyers.
Expertise: FinTech (including mobile wallets, virtual currency, bitcoin), contracts (negotiation, review and drafting), outsourcing (hardware, software, services), dispute resolution, (court, mediation, arbitration), electronic money, intellectual property, cloud computing, electronic invoicing and archiving, payment services, payment providers, service level agreements and outsourcing, electronic invoicing, e-banking, e-business and internet. He also has a very broad experience in distribution and franchising law, both drafting contracts and litigation.
For IT companies:
- project about mobile payment services and e-banking
- negotiation with several providers of hardware, software and services
- projects about e-invoice and e-archiving of business documents
- legal assistance on project regarding e-money and payment services directive (PSD)
- contacts with regulators
- distribution contracts (advice, negotiation, agreements, dispute resolution)
- unfair trade practices and competition law (advice, negotiation, agreements, dispute resolution)
- negotiation, mediation, arbitration, representation in court regarding disputes involving business and IT issues
For international bank:
- several outsourcing projects re hardware, software and services
For international insurance company:
- outsourcing and advice implementation new software
- contract negotiations with IT-suppliers
For international company in mobile industry:
- contract negotiation with MNO
- advice and contracting with several IT-suppliers
For creative industry and media sector:
- Negotiation and drafting of agreements including intellectual property issues
- turnkey contract including copyright royalty aspects